21 Days to Health and Beyond is a free downloadable detoxification program. Be sure to read the section that tells what symptoms to expect during the first part of your detoxification. I don't necessarily agree with everything he suggests but over all it's a good program. I would suggest that you start out the program with a 3 day fast. Also, try to go the first five days after the fast without fruit or honey to correct any yeast problems you might have.
After the 21 days you can slowly introduce other foods. I highly recommend getting the book, What the Bible Says about Healthy Living by Rex Russell M.D. It will help you make wise decisions about what you eat.
- Try to get range fed organic meat that was range fed. It drastically decreases the fat content and the quality of the meat. From Cow to Cannibal Most cows are killed with electric shock now. One of the reasons they do this is to keep the blood in the meat. God gave clear direction not to eat blood and it is now linked with some forms of cancer. Kosher meat from Jewish stores is usually drained properly.
- If you are not able to buy Kosher meat, soak the meat in water for half an hour, drain, salt heavily and let it sit for one hour then wash it. This will draw out a lot of the blood according to Elmer Josephson author of God's Key to Health and Happiness.
- Do not use meat tenderizer. Often it is put in the meat before you buy it, sometimes before the cow is killed.
- Do not eat any kind of liver. That is where the toxins from the animal's body are stored.
- Do not eat pork or any other unclean meats.
- Be sure you chew your food well. The more you chew it the more nutrients you will be able to absorb from it.
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products
- Bad Foods This is a very enlightening article about the dangers of the American diet. I do not agree with their position on distilled water or supplements though.
Why should I include Magnesium in my diet?
Magnesium has come up over and over in the articles I have been reading. Several articles say that people with CFS or Fibromyalgia feel much better when they increase their Magnesium. About 98% of the Magnesium in your body is in your cells, not your blood stream, that makes the value of blood tests for Magnesium levels of questionable value. There is one important thing I disagree with in this article. It says to take twice as much Calcium as Magnesium. In most fruits and vegetables the concentration of Magnesium is about twice that of Calcium. Sante Search Form This site tells you the nutrient content of just about any food you can imagine. Bear in mind that they probably did not use organically grown food. Nutrient values vary depending on how the food was grown.
What are some good sources of Magnesium?
Brown rice, avocados, spinach, haddock, oatmeal, potatoes, navy beans, lima beans, broccoli, yogurt, bananas, soybeans, bran, and nuts.
Beans are very important because they contain Molybdenum which helps your body absorb the Magnesium.
I believe that allergies are, for the most part, a symptom of leaky gut, chemical overload, or fear. See the leaky gut section for an explanation of how some allergies develop. I think that once you clear up other parts of your total load, especially any yeast or parasitic problems, many allergies will eventually clear up on their own.
What are the most common allergens?
Inhalants: pollens, mold spores, animal products (dander, saliva, urine), house dust, dust mites.
Foods: cow's milk, eggs, chicken, shellfish, peanuts, soybeans, wheat products, chocolate, celery.
Food additives: sulfites (preservative), nitrates/nitrites, parabens, BHA/BHT, Aspartame (Nutrasweet), MSG (monosodium glutamate)
Other: penicillin, nickel in jewelry
How can I find out if I am allergic to a substance?
An easy way to test for sensitivity to things like mold or dust mites is to:
1. Get a little bit of the suspected substance on the tip of a tooth pick. Hold it up to your nose and gently inhale a few times. (If you inhale to hard some of the particles will go up your nose and make you sneeze regardless of whether or not you are allergic to it.) Notice any symptoms that develop like sneezing, runny nose, congestion, cough, or headache.
2. Try a patch test. Place a small amount of the substance, about the circumference of a pencil on the sensitive skin on the underside of your wrist. Cover it with a Band-Aid. Check it every 15 minutes for one hour. Watch for any swelling, itching, burning, rash, or irritation. Wash the substance off after you are done with the test.
Your body functions better when your blood pH is slightly basic. Some people say you can tell if someone is sick or getting sick if their blood is acidic instead of being basic. There are a vast number of ailments that seem to be helped when your pH is adjusted.
What are some illnesses that are affected by pH?
arthritis, heart disease, chronic fatigue, poor immune system, back problems
How can I test my pH?
I have read that you can use ordinary litmus paper used for chemistry projects. Just put a drop of saliva on the strip.
How can I improve my pH?
There are some commercial products available like Jog in a Jug and Coral Calcium but it is just as easy to drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar each morning. If you put it in some apple juice you probably won't even notice it. Lemons and limes also help to balance your pH. Sugar and meat make your blood more acidic.